We are inviting groups of neighbours living on the same street or in the same buildings or building complexes to be part of an exciting new program called “Connect & Prepare”. A collaboration between Building Resilient Neighbourhoods and the City of Victoria’ s Victoria Ready, we are currently offering the program for free to three selected multi-unit apartment or condominium buildings. Any residents are invited to apply!
How does it work and what do you get?
Through a series of three facilitated workshops between February and May 2020, and with the support of micro-grants, program materials, and resource experts, you and your neighbours will:
- learn about different kinds of potential emergencies
- participate in fun gatherings for socializing and discussing preparedness
- do home assessments and create an asset inventory for individual and collective safety
- explore ways to become more mutually supportive before, during and after emergencies
You’ll also receive a bundle of micro-grants and resources including:
- small micro-grants to help cover refreshments and other costs of hosting workshops
- a customized bin of shared emergency supplies valued at $500
- access to $200 grants to launch other projects with your neighbours
Read more about Connect & Prepare and its effectiveness here.
Interested? Fill out our application form now by clicking here!
Sorry, the deadline for expressions of interest is now closed. Please sign up for our newsletter to be notified of future opportunities!